Archive and download unresolved references
Searchers and global administrators can now download unresolved references for the given period of time. To do it:
- Open company administration menu
- Click on the "Archives" tab
Create a new archive by providing name of the archive and two dates limiting when accession number was added to IPsurvey and Click "OK":
The dates are defined like this:
- Added after: DD-MM-YYYY (Current year - 2 years)
- Added before: DD-MM-YYYY (Current year -1 year)
Example: Archive oktober 2013, for the periode April 2012 - April 2013:
- Added after: 01-04-2010
- Added before: 31-03-2012
To download the archive:
- Click on the archive name in the list view
- choose "Open" when windows ask (to open or save the file), this opens the file in Excell
- Copy the cell which is active in excell (ctrl+c)
- Swich to "Internal" and "WPI" as the active database
- Type "(or" and insert the accession numbers (ctrl+v) and type ")/AN" after the last accession number
- List the following fields for all the found families "..li 1 an ap pr pn icai ti ab"
- Copy the listed fields to a word document and sort the families one at each page, include the licens heading on all pages.
Example file ready to printout before it is send to the client: Zealand_unresolved_2012-2013.pdf
To delete an existing archive, mark the archive(s) in the list and choose "Delete archive" from the tools menu.
Comment from Konstantin:
The archive feature is made where you can say to IPsurvey not to resolve families even if they are younger than 1 year, just by defining the date range.
There are couple of scenarios where it can be useful:
- You can choose shorter cycles for sending the unresolved families. In this case IPsurvey will never resolve the archived families.
- When company has stopped with IPsurvey then all their families can be archived and send as a hardcopy.